Saturday, March 6, 2010

Modded BIOS



I obtained a modded bios thanks to Svet in the MSI HQ forums. I was trying to find a more recent modded bios for the U100 that switched the left ctrl key with the fn key, since I had used a modded bios once with the two keys switched. I found it easier having the ctrl key on the left of the fn key like on a standard keyboard. Since MSI regularly publish bios for the Wind U100, I could no longer find a modded bios for the version I was using - BIOS file name: EN011IMS.10E

I found out that the modded bios files could be downloaded from the MSI HQ forums and so requested for a modded version of the bios I was using, version .10E (it was the first Win 7 compatible bios published for the MSI Wind U100).

I had tried to mod the the .10E bios myself using a key swapping app I found online. However, it didn't work as the bios file read empty when I attempted to flash from the usb drive.

The bios I received was a modded version of the latest EN011IMS.10G file. I was hoping to have the bios version .10E modded as I preferred the display driver for Windows 7 in the .10E bios compared to the more recent bios versions. It still works though and I can finally use the switched fn and ctrl keys.

Link: EN011BKM_10G_Fn
Warning: Flashing your bios is done at your own risk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you also happen to have the modded bios which overclocks while on battery or something like that?

JP Octavio said...

Sorry for the late reply. I believe the later versions of the bios have the feature built in. You'll need to activate the overclocking in the Bios page. Hit F11 before the windows logo appears and set the clock speed. Hope that helps.

Post a Comment


Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License